To have a site safe from external attacks, it is essential to always keep it updated. When it comes to E-Commerce, this operation becomes a fundamental routine to follow, in order to protect your customers.
Magento has recently released its Magento 2.4 version with related patches.
The latest version available includes tons of new features and bug fixes, with multiple security changes, 7 test cycles, 12 packages and extensions, as well as support for Php 7.4
But what are the technology stacks that this new version requires? Let’s see them together.
Magento technological requirements 2.4
The table below shows the software versions that have been officially tested and supported at the time of the release of the Magento version. Newer versions of the required software may work but have not been tested.
This section describes support and compatibility for all other required and optional software types.
Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) or an SMTP server
Operating systems (Linux x86-64)
Linux distributions, such as RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian and the like. Magento is not supported on Microsoft Windows and macOS.
For installation details, you can refer to the official PHP documentation
If you need to install it separately, consult the PHP OPcache documentation .
You are better off using particular PHP configuration settings, such as memory_limit , which can avoid common problems when using Magento.
For more information, see Required PHP Settings .
PHPUnit (as a command line tool) 9.0.0
Updating Magento applications and extensions obtained from Magento Marketplace and other sources may require up to 2GB of RAM. If you are using a system with less than 2GB of RAM, we recommend that you create a swap file ; otherwise, the update may fail.
Magento requires the following system tools for some of its operations:
- A valid security certificate is required for HTTPS.
- Self-signed SSL certificates are not supported.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) Requirement: PayPal and repo.magento.com both require TLS 1.2 or later.
Storefront and Admin:
- Microsoft Edge, newer – 1
- Firefox Newest, Newest-1 (any OS)
- Chrome Newest, Newest-1 (any OS)
- Latest, latest Safari – 1 (Mac OS only)
- Mobile Safari for iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad with Retina display (iOS 12 or later), for desktop showcase
- Mobile Safari for iPhone 6 or later; iOS 12 or later, for the mobile showcase
- Latest mobile Chrome – 1 (Android 4 or later) for mobile showcase
p hp_xdebug 2.5.x or later (development environments only; can have a negative effect on performance)
There is a known issue with xdebug which can affect Magento installations or access to Magento storefront or admin after installation. For details, you can see the info on the Magento guide.